Monday, April 2, 2012

past and present and bits of reflection

I spent the day in a misty mood, cheerfully reading The Bell Jar and a bit about the history of Marxist views on homosexuality, both for research papers. Anna played the ukulele and we sang "After Hours" by The Velvet Underground while we were both in our pajamas this morning. We went to the library after dressing, and I bought a book of Kerouac poems and eagerly exclaimed upon finding Brian Andreas' Mostly True, so I bought that, too, and I ate good food, my mum's special pasta sauce (my great-grandmother's recipe) and vegetarian meatballs for dinner. I feel as though something is shifting deep down inside me, and I'm not sure what it is or why, but I think it's maybe for the best.


Shiny, happy people sun-bathing, c/o indigo_mint



This video is strangely, somewhat horrifically enchanting, and also much more erotically charged than anything I would usually choose to feature anywhere, but somehow it's become a video I come back to over and over again; maybe because it's so strange, but maybe mostly because I would like to lounge around in a peach-colored leotard and pale pink knee socks all day. The tones are like ice cream. The rest is a bit cultish and overtly sexual. The unusual juxtaposition of the two may explain the semi-addictive nature, along with the music, a mix of "honeyed harmonies, hypnotic rhythms and bright beats," which I suppose is the actual point of the entire operation to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment