Sunday, March 11, 2012

sometimes i think

Sometimes life is so exhausting I just want someone to share it with. My marvelous lover will eventually, someday, come lie around with me, reading, breathing, watching. I want a strange detachment. Automatic detainment just isn’t my style. I think there’s much to be said for the couple who can care without suffocating. Everyone wants to know where everyone is. I want to know how everyone is. I want to love a million people but focus on those who will love me back.
Sometimes I think about people who say they think too much, but after thinking about it, I don’t think one can ever think too much. Our minds are meant to transcend our own painful existences, and I think this is only possible if we think through all of it. The key is ceasing to dwell on the unknown. Think about the good things, and the bad, but don’t go full thrust straight into angst-ridden anxieties that have yet and probably will not come to pass.
The most beautiful thing I can think of is calling someone late at night, just to say, hi, I love you, I hope you sleep well tonight. Sometimes we need to share a million things, sometimes we need to share everything. Sometimes we need to share nothing, because it’s automatically understood. I hope someday I have someone who will be silent with me. I hope someday I have someone who will let me breathe and think that in and of itself is a wondrous occurrence. I think the ability to sit and be is becoming a lost art, and I think we all need to further our studies in it.
I think sometimes it’s not important to know every cultural reference, but it is important to know the color of the sky and the shape of the moon and the color of your best friend’s eyes. 


(Written June 8th, 2011. 

Sometimes I think this little bit of writing the only thing I've ever written that holds any merit. 
One time a boy I liked made a video of himself reading the last half to a camera and sent it to me in an email,
and I watched it over and over, 
and now I read that part in his voice, the only voice that has ever read my writing aloud.)

No comments:

Post a Comment