Monday, December 19, 2011

compiling and compounding




This has always been one of my favorite music videos. Probably always will be. 
There's a reference in the song to Canadian author Robertson Davies' novel,  Fifth Business,  
which I didn't know until I read about it on a once-upon-a-time close friend's blog. 
I read Fifth Business in summer, but I don't really remember very much of it because 
some parts of summer were sad and some parts were scary and some parts were simply too distracting. 
"I wish I'd paid more attention" seems to be the general theme of my life lately. 
I'll probably be working through summer happenings for a long, long time and my moroseness sometimes
gets the better of me, but the other night I read something Jack Layton said, 
"Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair,"  
and I think that's true, so obviously true, and, sadly, it is also rather easy to forget and allow myself to wallow. 
So I am trying, little by little, to turn my fear to hope and change my despair to optimism. 
It's just going to take a while is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment